Pork Shoulder Pasta
- 1lb Roasted Pork Shoulder
- 1/4 Yellow Onion, sliced
- 6 Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Mini Bell Peppers, sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, roasted in oil, smushed
- 4 Servings "Jarred" Tomato Sauce
- 2 Pinches of Salt
- 10 "Grinds" fresh black pepper
- Pinches Fresh Oregano and Sage, minced, to taste
- 4 Servings of Dried Pasta, cooked, drained
I wanted to add some roasted garlic to the pasta, so I started by pulling apart a head of garlic, putting it in aluminum foil, pouring on some olive oil, and popping it in a 300 degree oven for about an hour.
While doing that, I broke down the shoulder (pulled) into small bite sized pieces. These I put in a 12-inch flat bottomed sautee pan with about 1/2 cup of water, on medium heat, to render out some of the fat. I then sliced three mini-peppers, 1/4 of a yellow onion, and 5 button mushrooms.
After about 20 minutes, the water had clouded with some released pork fat. As the water cooked off, the pork began to sizzle in its own fat. I added the onions, and started to sautee them in the fat. Next, I added the mushrooms and some more water (to dissolve and spread all the flavors), and covered the pan for about another 20 minutes to cook the 'shrooms.